Monday, June 30, 2008

Good-bye to the annoying green monster

So, Let me just show you what has been going on in my life since last Thursday...


I know, I know, 4 little incisions, but they have almost ruined my life. Not really, but, they sure have caused a lot of pain. I have just been kickin' it with the couch, weener dog, and food network for 5 days now. It's been great to rest, but a complete nuisance on my social and active life. Getting up to go to the bathroom has been about as much physical activity as I can handle. Well, I am going to attempt to go back to work again tomorrow, and I hope this attempt goes a little better. The doctor said I couldn't start running for 2 weeks, so I hope that doesn't foul up my plans to run my half marathon in August!!! Besides the gall bladder surgery, here are some fun summer pics pre-gall bladder removal!!! These include, scooter, swimming, gelato, paul, and a 5k run with my mom!!!





11 comments:

Jordan said...

Sarah,

I had no idea you had you GB taken out. What a total pain. I really hope you're feeling better. And I'm really proud of you for running a marathon. I literally couldn't imagine what that would be like.

Camille said...

O i'm glad you got your gall blatter out! I hope you recover quick!
What Half Marathon are you going to run? That is so awesome! You will love it! I'm addicted now!

Anonymous said...

Sarah Jane! This does sound like it almost ruined your life. I wish you well. I just discovered your blog and I can't wait to show Jonny your darling Paul. I love him. Way to go with the racing- very impressive. You've inspired me. Really, I'm going to sign up for a 5K then 10k.

heart,
Kristie Anderson Gardiner

Amanda and Nick said...

Ohhh the dreaded green monster! I hope you start feeling better so we can resume doing all those crazy illegal things like jumping off the bridges into streams and eating ice cream on sundays. Love you, cute pictures!

Lisa Edstrom said...

Sarah Jane...

I am so excited to see you today! I feel so bad about all your terrible news. You look great in all your pics. What half marathon are you doing? Hmmm.. I've been wanting to do one. We'll chat about that. We'll see you soon!!
Love,
Lisa

The Brandt Family said...

Oh my. Sorry to hear about the ol' gall bladder. But hopefully with it gone you won't be sick anymore?? All of your pics are so cute and make me miss you-we still need to get together....

b lovely said...

Sarah Sarah you crazy workaholic! :D Such a trooper! I'm so glad you have tomorrow off so you can relax and not kill yourself! :D Those are some crazy little incisions you have going on there! Your fun swim times will hopefully return shortly! I can't wait to hear all you've learned from the food network! Feel better soon! xoxoxo

us said...

OH MY SARAH!! Im so excited I found your cute blog! Man, just seeing pics of you takes me back to the cosmo days. LOVE IT! How are you?? You look cute as can be.

us said...

Oh PS- Love the Weiner, I have one of my own.. She rocks my world.

RaCHeL said...

Sarah Jane! It's about time you got it out. :) I hope you feel better soon. Love & miss you!

melissa said...

My word Sarah, i promise that sounds dreadful! But on a lighter note, your bod looks incredible!!!!! You look so good Sarah! I think i was checking your stomach out more then your surgery holes. Props for the half marathon...that word alone makes me cringe. Can't wait to hear how it goes!