Friday, March 21, 2008

JOBS!

So Kyle and I have both had exciting things at our jobs happen this week! The principal at Kyle's work asked to talk with him about next year, and when Kyle met with him, he asked him to come back and teach next year, and to be the head of the special ed department!!!!! We are sooooo excited about this. It gives Kyle a great opportunity to advance a little more in his career, and it really shows him how much his school appreciates having him there. I am so proud of him and his career choice. I know that this is what he is supposed to be doing!

Now for me, I had a meeting with the owner of my salon yesterday, and she asked me if I would be willing to go to New York again to the Bumble and Bumble headquarters and take another class from them to bring back info and new techniques to the salon! I was so excited! They are sending me in August, and Kyle is most likely going to come out the last day of my training and we will both stay for a few days after that to enjoy some parts of NYC that we haven't been able to before (broadway shows, museums, more shopping, etc...) I am really excited to go again and to learn. It always helps me to get a little more excited about my job!!! What was funny about the whole meeting is she kept telling me what a big commitment it was for them to send me, and they expected the same from me. this kept happening through the conversation when I finally said "Well I am not planning on leaving" when this kept going on, I finally realized OH, YOU WANT TO KNOW IF I AM PLANNING ON HAVING A BABY!!!! She admitted that was what she was trying to hint at, and I assured her that wasn't in the plans for at least another year! It was just funny!
Well, I am off to take the dogs for a nice SPRING walk and enjoy the nice morning!

4 comments:

the murdocks said...

Sarah, I am thrilled to know you are still alive. I don't think you understand the joy that I felt when reading your e-mail. I am so happy I can permanently keep tabs on you guys! What salon do you work at in slc? Allie says you do a great job with color. I don't know if you dare work on my dry, fine, thin, hasn't been cut in a year-hair, but if so, I believe the only way I will see you in this lifetime is if I physically bring myself to your salon. Let me know! It's so fun to hear about you guys! I don't know if you've seen our blog but the address is murds.blogspot.com...I can't wait to keep in touch.

The Anderson's said...

Way to go you two! It sounds like everything is going great. Sarah woo hoo on NYC!

Lisa Edstrom said...

Well, I am not surprised. You were number one in the state for two years running! (: That really is exciting. Congrats! Same with Kyle, too! Wed. was so fun. It felt so good to be with each other again. When are we doing our next outing?? (: I'm already looking forward to it! Any musical treats you'de suggest for my liking? I'm looking at snacking on something new... something sexy, you know.

Bridger W. said...

I'm glad you were able to make it back on the internet, Sarah. Keep it up and please tell Paul hello.